we’re cutting our carbon footprint…
We practice responsible and sustainable tourism in a city with antiquated infrastructure.
Battambang is short of electricity, water and landfill, and we request our guests to act accordingly.
- Please turn off lights and air con when not in your room
- Ceiling fan option in all rooms to minimise A/C use
- Bed linen is changed every third day, unless requested more often
- Bath towels every second day, bath mats daily
- Sun-dried laundry, no electric clothes dryers
- Instant hot water heaters to decrease electricity usage
- Gravity water flow, not electric pumps
- We’re cutting down on plastics
- Complimentary toiletries available on request (minimising plastic bottles)
- Re-fillable water bottles in all rooms (no disposable plastic)
- We wrap purchases in paper, use only paper bags,
- Cocktails with metal straws
- All plastic bottles and cans recycled
Electricity usage leads to hydroelectric dams built on the Mekong upriver in Laos and China. The result is a death in fish, and more alarmingly, unreliable river flows to Cambodia –which is the country’s life blood. Sinking water tables risk undermining ancient temples.